.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

She's a coaster freak, a coaster freak . . .

I know, I'm a dork.

Oh and I'm not talking about the coasters that you set your glasses on.

Before we get to all that, here's yesterday's eats:


8/4/09


I hereby dub these "Fiesta Fried Eggs." As you can see, I like my eggs on the well-done side. Not a huge fan of uber-runny yolks. Anyway, I just wanted to jazz them up a little and think I did a pretty good job of it.


IMG_0436


Sorry for the blurriness of this pic, none of them turned out that good. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I do enjoy trying various Morningstar and Boca products. I saw a grilled "chikn" patty by Morningstar and decided I'd give it a try. I didn't really like it in the wrap, probably because everything else was kinda bland. I'm going to try these out with some buffalo wing sauce or barbecue sauce to see if they taste better when doctored up. And I'm sure if I cooked them in a pan or on a grill they'd taste better too - I was in a hurry and nuked them.

As far as pictures for yesterday, that's all folks. The rest of the day was unplanned and I didn't have my camera with me.

Oh right, I was talking about coasters before, wasn't I? Yes. Well, I thought it'd be fun for Mr. Spice and me to get out and actually do something rather than just going to stores, movies, coffee shops and hanging out at bookstores. He doesn't always want to do the stuff I would like to do, but I convinced him on this one. We had buy one get one free coupons for Six Flags over Georgia and since neither of us had been and we both love roller coasters, I thought we should go. We timed it so we got there a little after 5, so it wasn't as crowded and hot. I'm mad we didn't do this sooner, it was so much fun! The lines weren't too horrible and after we went on the scarier looking coasters, we took a break and just people-watched for a while. If any of you ever go there, I really recommend the Goliath -- that was hands down (or up!) the BEST roller coaster I've been on. The first drop is soo high and we were literally up out of our seats for most of the ride. If the line hadn't been so long for this one I would have gone again.

On the way to Six Flags (which took all of 10 minutes), I had a couple Quaker granola bars and Mr. Spice had a nut and dried fruit mix. That held us over pretty well for the few hours we were at the park. Afterwards we were both starving. We've been trying not to eat out too much during the week, but I didn't have anything at home that was going to be quick and ready to go so we decided to grab something on the way home. We ended up at Five Guys since we hadn't been there in a while and burgers just sounded REALLY good right then. Now, I've learned my lesson about ordering food there. I always get a little hamburger or little cheeseburger -- the regular size has 2 patties and that's just too much. And now we just split an order of the regular-sized Cajun fries since they dump a whole bunch in there anyway; even then I think it's enough for more than 2 people.

And that's about it for yesterday!

No comments: